This page is a gateway to a history of the parish and the churches (mainly St Thomas' at the moment) in the parish. It has been put together by the website editor from information the editor has been able to find. If anything is incorrect or if you have more information please contact the editor.|
The churches are:
St Thomas' Parish Church, Brampton, opened 1831
St Peterís Mission Church, Holymoorside, opened 1841 -a 'daughter' church still
St Markís Mission Church, Lower Brampton, opened 1887 -a parish in its own right since ????
St Johnís Mission Church, Walton, opened 1916 -a parish in its own right since 2000
List of Vicars and Rectors
Parish Magazine history
Old archived pictures of people
Articles and pictures of people, events etc from the parish magazine
Old flyers, posters and newspaper articles
WW1 and the Parish of Brampton -by Pam Brimelow
WW1 100th Anniversary in the Parish
Read Pam Brimelow's Potted History of St Thomas'
Read Pam Brimelow's Longer History of St Thomas'
A Early History of St Thomas'
Exterior and Interior of St Thomas'
Interior of St Thomas' -history and pictures from 1885
St Thomas' Clock and Bells
St Thomas' War Memorial and War Graves
St John's Walton
Walton Mission's Centenary
St Peter's Holymoorside
St Peterís, 150 Years Old
More Recent Photos
Photographs 2005 to present